Getting a Library Card is Easy!
- Library cards are FREE to all residents of Fort St John and area.
- Please present a government issued form of photo ID showing your current address, ie: driver's license, BCID, Status card, etc.
- If ID does not show current local address, you may present supporting documents along with your ID such as a utility bill in your name.
Residents may have up to 25 items out on library card at any given time.
If you lose your card, there is a fee of $5 for a replacement.
Books: $0.20 per item per day
Media: $1.00 per item per day
If you are a Temporary Resident in the Fort St John area and would like to obtain a Library Card, please call or visit the library for more information. 250.785.3731
BC One Card
All residents of BC who hold a library card from the city or town where they reside can obtain a BC One Card at the Fort St John Public Library, which may be used here and in public libraries throughout BC. Click here for more information.
If you have books in good condition you would like to donate to the library, please see our Book Donation Guidelines.
Materials donated to the FSJPL become the property of the Library. The Library reserves the right to determine use and disposition of all donated materials.
Services & Programs
We are pleased to offer the following services & programs to meet your needs.
- An extensive collection - search for materials or manage your account using our online catalogue.
- Internet Access/Wireless Access
- Scanning services
- Faxing services
- B&W and Colour Photocopying services
- Exam Invigilation
- Equipment Rentals & Additional Business Services
- Click to see our current listing of Programs